IBM named a Leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant for EAM 2018
The results of this year’s Gartner Magic Quadrant (MQ) for Enterprise Asset Management (EAM):
IBM is on the highest position for “Ability to execute” and furthest for “Completeness of Vision”.
Gartner names the following strengths of IBM Maximo EAM solution:
- Maximo is a highly scalable product with a large global customer base.
- A high proportion (70%) of customers are on the latest software release, indicating good customer commitment to the product.
- Maximo has a long history in the market, and has built a significant implementation partner network with particular experience in oil and gas, manufacturing, and utilities.
- Over time, IBM has developed an extensive ecosystem of third-party extensions to expand basic functionality in areas such as mobility, planning and APM.
- The product is suitable for both small and very large enterprises, though smaller organizations may be overwhelmed by the complexity given the scope of functionality that has been developed over decades.
- The product supports a broad range of functionality across all industry subsectors using industry extensions.
- IBM customer references give high ratings to their overall experience, dealing with the vendor, its effectiveness in solving problems and meeting client needs, and third-party consulting and integration resource availability.
- The Maximo product scores well for quality of product, functional capabilities, reliable and bug-free software, ease of integration using standard APIs, overall integration, and product deployment.
- The company has strong involvement with industry trends such as PAS 55 and ISO 55000 support and certification, as well as the technical controls that support 21 CFR Part 11 compliance.
You find more information on the IBM website.