IBM named a Leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant for EAM 2018
The results of this year’s Gartner Magic Quadrant (MQ) for Enterprise Asset Management (EAM):
IBM is on the highest position for “Ability to execute” and furthest for “Completeness of Vision”.
Gartner names the following strengths of IBM Maximo EAM solution:
- Maximo is a highly scalable product with a large global customer base.
- A high proportion (70%) of customers are on the latest software release, indicating good customer commitment to the product.
- Maximo has a long history in the market, and has built a significant implementation partner network with particular experience in oil and gas, manufacturing, and utilities.
- Over time, IBM has developed an extensive ecosystem of third-party extensions to expand basic functionality in areas such as mobility, planning and APM.
- The product is suitable for both small and very large enterprises, though smaller organizations may be overwhelmed by the complexity given the scope of functionality that has been developed over decades.
- The product supports a broad range of functionality across all industry subsectors using industry extensions.
- IBM customer references give high ratings to their overall experience, dealing with the vendor, its effectiveness in solving problems and meeting client needs, and third-party consulting and integration resource availability.
- The Maximo product scores well for quality of product, functional capabilities, reliable and bug-free software, ease of integration using standard APIs, overall integration, and product deployment.
- The company has strong involvement with industry trends such as PAS 55 and ISO 55000 support and certification, as well as the technical controls that support 21 CFR Part 11 compliance.
You find more information on the IBM website.
Interloc Solutions and EAM Software GmbH Announce Partnership Delivering Data Management Solution for IBM Maximo Asset Management
Interloc Solutions Inc. Press Release 01-05-2018
Interloc Solutions and EAM Software today announced the availability of a solution which allows IBM Maximo Asset Management customers the ability to significantly improve their data management capabilities and processes.
EAM’s Data Management Tool for Maximo streamlines and reduces Maximo operational and deployment costs. The solution simplifies data integration through the use of standard Microsoft Excel for importing and exporting and is fully integrated into the Maximo application and security framework.
Due to its alignment with Maximo, the solution is multi-language capable and readily supports system administrators with all data administration tasks. The tool is available for IBM Maximo and IBM Control Desk versions 7.1, 7.5, and 7.6.
Other features of the toolset include the ability to perform complex queries, including the ability to include attributes that are not visible in the UI. The tool also allows the use of templates and provides a robust template management system for data exportation and importation needs.
The EAM Data Management Tool has been available for over 10 years in Europe. 2 of the 3 largest automotive manufacturers in Germany rely on the Data Management Tool for their operational success. Additionally, more than 60% of all Maximo customers in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland utilize the toolset for their data administration tasks and have realized an average 40% reduction in system setup and rollout costs. With this partnership, the tool is now offered in the Americas through Interloc Solutions.
EAM is an IBM Gold Business Partner and provides highly-qualified consulting with their comprehensive expert knowledge and long-time experience in all sectors of Enterprise Asset Management. EAM optimizes business processes and implements integrated solutions based on IBM Maximo. The experience gained from numerous successful system implementations, and many years of system support in close partnership with customers, provided the basis for the innovative and mature Data Management Tool.
Interloc is an IBM Premier and Gold Accredited Business Partner that provides innovative consulting, managed services, and unique mobile solutions to make your business successful – from mobility to Cloud to smart devices. 100% dedicated to helping you realize the greatest potential from your Maximo investment, Interloc harnesses the strength of IBM Maximo with the power of its expertise and solutions to exceed your business needs.